From: John Puri [mailto:zonny_jon@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent
:
06 January 2005 06:00
To: xfree86@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Troubleshoot

Respected

My name is John from Nepal. I am a user of Linux OS and practising myself  consulting from book and website. I found this address from the man page of xwindow. I am facing a problem in Linux. My problem is that in my computer XWindow does not start. After running this command my computer turns off automatically. And when pressing Ctrl+Alt+Backspace I received message like this :

" The application 'xconfig py' lost its connection to the display :17.0; most likely the X server was shutdown or you killed/destroy the application."

I tried to solve in XConfiguration but I am unable to solve it.
I would be gratefull if the organization help me.

Thanking Sincerely

John Puri