From: Bob Pelletier
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 12:45:26
To:xfree86@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Screen Resolution

Hi Jason. Thanks for responding. I did the alt-ctl-backspace and the screen flashed and went back to the LOGIN screen which is the first screen with print overlaying itself. For example RED HAT is sitting right on top of my Welcome to ...... Also tool bar is unreadable due to words too big. Any ideas. Thanks.
Bob

James Thogmartin wrote: You can hit control+alt+backspace until the Xserver dies , to force it to close.. But for restarting the Xserver, it means to simply shutdown the Xserver, and putting in startx again.. IF you have access to the console, if not, you probably need to reboot...