keyboard scan codes under X

Hi,

I am trying to set up a mythtv box with a remote that comes with the TV card that I have.

After installing appropriate drivers in the kernel about half of the keys on the remote report events to X. I have confirmed this with the xev program.

The other half of the keys give no response at all under xev, as though I hadn't pressed the key.

However, if i drop to a vc, and run the showkey program, all the keys on the remote report scan codes.

For instance,

showkey reports the "source" key as 00 83 8b but no event happens under X. All the keys that do not work report similar 3 byte codes using showkey.

So, my question is, how can I get these events into X?

Thanks,

Jason