Re: Irix Compiling

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, Glenn Barry wrote:

I'm new to the list and don't know if this is the appropriate list to post this question.

Well, devel@ is more appropriate, but this list will do.

I'm toying with the idea of attempting to setup a second screen using Xfree86 and the appropriate video card for my O2.

Googling doesn't turn up much at related to both Irix and XFree86, but I doubt that I'm the first with such an idea.

I've downloaded the latest from CVS to compile, but past that I'm lost, if anyone else out there is or was compiling for Irix I'd appreciate some tips.

The IRIX port doesn't yet fully compile. The major pieces that are still missing have been narrowed down to the os-support/ directory. I have a preliminary implementation, done internally by SGI, that I am not yet finished merging in.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Computing and Network Services  |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|  352 General Services Building   |  email:  tsi@xxxxxxxxxxx          |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |                                   |
|  T6G 2H1                         |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |