Hoping to be useful

Dear Friends : I'm a Linux user since 1,999 and recently, I started with FreeBSD. I have an Athlon (T-Bird) 1000, 256 Mb RAM (not DDR), 32 Mb Savage 4, SB Live sound card and a standard (Bright 02201) serial mouse. When I tried to install FreeBSD, I had many problems but, I did a lot of things, until I done it ! At the last one, I discover certain video card problems... tried a generic driver and, really works. Yeah, I don't have video acceleration but, It's OK. When I'll save money, I'll buy a new video card. But what I would like to say, is install XFree86 through text mode and, try many configurations. Maybe that card that you have, can't be the real one... I had problems with a Riva TNT2 , that I thought that it was, but when I was install at another computer, a Vanta model recognized ! At text mode , try a lot of configurations ! Try to be modest, use a generic driver ! It works for me ! Maybe your mouse have the same situation. Sincerely, Newton - Brazil