Re: Faltal-Server-Error using xfig

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004, Oscar Nunez Mori wrote:

> Dear  sirs
> i beg your pardon
> Glad to meet you, you really made an excellent operative system.
> well but problems arise in life.
>
> i could not run xfig  with freeBSD 4.10 my machine is a toshiba
> satellite A20 S207
> the intallation was ok from /usr/ports/graphics/xfig/
>
> but in the moment i want to run it. put all my system out from x windows
> environment to simple  shell
> prompt.
> i hope you solve this problems i
> attached the xfig.core  and logs

f000:20d1: 01 ILLEGAL EXTENDED X86 OPCODE!
   *** If unresolved symbols were reported above, they might not
   *** be the reason for the server aborting.
Fatal server error:
Caught signal 11.  Server aborting

   You just ran xfig and the server crashed?  I have no idea.  Maybe
one of the BSD folks on this list have some idea.  You could also
try upgrading to XFree86 4.4.0 to see if that solves the problem.

> finally i have a little problems for months it is that while i am
> writing usually  appear
> two letters for example " oscarr;  lls  mkkdir" i try to fix it with
> tymatic rate and other tricks
> even a friend of mine that knows more freebsd than me could not ssolve
> the problem

   The duplicate letters is a problem specific to some
Toshiba laptops.  At least on Linux, the duplicate letters are
coming from /dev/console and it's not XFree86's fault.  I believe
Linux kernel has a workaround for this.  I don't know how this
is handled on FreeBSD.

                        Mark.