Re: How does X choose between Monitors?

Not sure, but you should not have to copy config files anywhere... simply call
a different serverconfig with the layout option...

No idea on monitor probing before X starts.

Can you give an example of the cat you are trying to skin?

--

Bill Chmura
Director of Internet Technology

p: 888.560.YWEB (9932)