Re: How does X choose between Monitors?

I think you are looking for the ServerConfig section.  This sections combines
all of your monitors, screens, input devices into one "big setting".

The first serverlayout in the file is the default.

You can specify others also, then load then like:

startx -- -layout secondlayoutname

I am not sure on the autodetection thing?  I've done things that behave
differently if I am plugged into my network at home (with a monitor) or on
the road by having my startup detect the network and then running startx the
way I would want.

Anyway, the stuff on the top should get you started!

--

Bill Chmura
Director of Internet Technology

p: 888.560.YWEB (9932)