RE: error while loading shared libraries: libz.so.1

We had exactly this problem.  We did not want to put all the development environment onto an embedded system.

The attached file should be put in your /lib directory.

Then create a sim link to libz.so.1 as follows

ln -s /lib/libz.so.1.1.3 /lib/libz.so.1

Then re-run the commands to initialise the fonts directories.

Good luck

WHY IS'NT THERE A LIST OF THE LIBRARIES AND UTILITIES YOU NEED TO BE ABLE TO INSTALL AND RUN XFREE.

Kevin
email:   kevin.benstead@xxxxxxxxxx
Tel:       +44 (0)118 971 5032