Re: X Error of failed request: BadAccess

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004, Zoltan Szecsei wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Please can someone help me to overcome this issue.
>
> I have a (oldish) raster & vector graphics product that I have used
> successfully up until SuSE SLES8  (XFree86 Version 4.2.0) but on upgrading
> to SuSE 9.1, I get the
> errors mentioned below - but only when trying to display a tiff image - the
> vector side of the package works fine.
>
> Maybe if I knew what it was trying to do, I could figure out a way to make
> it work.
>
> (yes, I have searched the buglists - came up with 200 hits, but I could not
> identify any of them to be of any help)
>
> TIA,
> Zoltan
>

> X Error of failed request:  BadAccess (attempt to access private resource
> denied)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  145 (MIT-SHM)
>   Minor opcode of failed request:  3 (X_ShmPutImage)
>   Serial number of failed request:  194

   For X_ShmPutImage, this error (BadAccess) will occur only when the
application requests that the server copy from an area outside of the
shm segment.  This is typically (always?) an application bug.  I
can't think of any cases when it wouldn't be an application bug.

   A common cause for this bug in applications is making incorrect
assumptions about the XImage format (eg. assuming depth 24 is 24 bits
per pixel rather than 32 bits per pixel like the XImage says).

			Mark.