Re: (no subject)

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004, Kamran Riaz wrote:

> Maybe I interpreted my monitor specs wrong and mixed sync and refresh rates,
> here are accurate specs:
>
> Max Resolution : 1024 x 768 / 67 Hz
> Max Sync Rate (V x H) : 90 Hz x 54 kHz
>
> I would be very very thankful if you can provide me a modeline for these
> specs.

   Those are incomplete specs.  Those just show the maximums.
For there to be a maximum implies there is a minimum and therefore
a sync range, which means this is not a fixed freqency monitor,
but a multisync monitor, and therefore you don't need a custom
modeline.  You just need to put the correct ranges for the
HorizSync and VertRefresh in the XF86Config.  If you can't
find the actual ranges for you monitor listed anywhere we can
probably assume it's similar to other multisync monitors.  In
that case you can use something like:

  HorizSync   30-54
  VertRefresh 60-90

		Mark.