Fw: Re: urgent problem

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 11:50:53 -0700 (PDT)
Neeraj gupta <neeraj123123@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sir,
>
> The command u written gives output as
>
> Can't restart xfs      [FAILED]
> Please tell me what should I do now?
>
> Neeraj

Neeraj,
My main suspicion is that since (I presume) xfs was
working before, your font directory may have been
corrupted.

Try "man xfs" to understand a bit more about xfs - X font server.
xfs look at configuration file  /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fs/config
to find out where the fonts are.

On most linux system, X-Windows fonts would be in
  /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts

You need to verify that your font directories are
as it should be.

Alternatively, there is one possible workaround, but only if
you are within a LAN which have  a unix server running X-Windows.
With X-Windows it is possible to get your fonts served from
the network.

Edit your /etc/X11/XF86Config and replace the line:
          FontPath     "unix/:7100"
with:
          FontPath   "tcp/<server_name(or IP addr)>:7000

Try to understand more about X Windows by reading the
manpage: "man X"

You should send your email to xfree86@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Good Luck
-Asri Sulaiman