Re: monitor geometry

I was wondering if anyone could explain in detial what all the numbers of particular modlines mean in my xf86config-4 file, you know the numbers from the xvid tune program. In particular I was wondering why there is only one number for horizontal sync in some sections but that same number plus four others seems to be the same in other sections. I would use xvidtune but it won't let me make any adjustments in either debian or yellow dog (that't right I have an iMac). As you may well know iMac monitors are almost entirely adjusted through software, so this is why I need to know so much detial.

Also if anyone could explain this: debian was the only progam that shifted my monitor and it does it with each install of woddy for ppc, why? Even my telly terminals are shifted to the left!

Thanks in advance,
Justin

Do you Yahoo!?