Re: system always crashed when using Xfree86(on notebook)

On Thu, 9 Sep 2004, yancl wrote:

sorry for boring you but i have no other choice :(,i had reinstalled
Freebsd(5.2.1released) several times for this problem,almost every time
i run starx it will cause crashed of the system,i must cut the
power,strip down the battery,for restart the system.

for the first time,i install kde&gnome but you know it won't work,then i
reinstall system and do nothing but configure the Xfree86,i tried
4.3.0,and 4.4.0 but all didn't work,my card is ATI LT pro,there is no
problem with the hardware,because when i had despaired i juse install
the windowsXP to test if the hardware is something wrong,but it works
good,
i'm so sad and can't bear it,i really like freebsd and want to use it on
my work,i didn't use the stable version under 5.X,because my Ethernet
card is CardBus which just supported by 5.x , every time i just generate
the XFree86Config.new file ,and run "XFree86 -xf86config
/root/XF86Config.new" to test ,it will crashed.:( and no log file,below
is the file named XFree86.0.log.old  placed at /var/log/,maybe useful .

Please attach the output of 4.4's `scanpci -v -v -V 3` run on this machine before an attempt to run the X server.

Thanks.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Computing and Network Services  |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|  352 General Services Building   |  email:  tsi@xxxxxxxxxxx          |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |                                   |
|  T6G 2H1                         |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |