Réf. : [XFree86] need help

Hi Rajeev,
I'm not really a XFree86 expert but I can give you some hints

First, your X server version ( XFree86) looks old (more than two years). This could cause some troubles if your video-card is more recent.
Second, your X server crashed because it caught an UNIX (or LINUX) Signal 8. This mean that a floating point exception occured during the load process.

Looking at the log file, I could see that the resolution of your screen is set to zero DPI in the /etc/X11XF86Config file. It seems very strange because its obviously false. This could perhaps be the reason of the floating exception (this parameter is probably invoved in some division).  So, try to correct the DPI parameter (in /etc/X11/XF86Config or /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file)  to set it at a better value.
Sorry but I cannot do more for you,
Regards

66, rue des Archives – F75150 PARIS CEDEX 03
phone: +33 (0)1 44 54 49 01 *** fax : +33 (0)1 44 54 48 07
gsm: +33 (0)6 80 91 37 38 *** e-mail : jkott@xxxxxxxx

"Rajeev" <poondla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Envoyé par : xfree86-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

31/08/2004 11:39
Veuillez répondre à xfree86

        Pour :        <xfree86@xxxxxxxxxxx>
        cc :
        Objet :         need help

HI ,

I want some solution to a problem regarding the display using X window in
Linux 8.0.
After installing Linux, I find the resolution of the screen to be too big..
when ever i change the resolution and reboot the system,
I couldnot enter into the GUI, only the Character User Interface is
appearing..
My Processor is P4 with Intel 845 .
Is there anything to do with the video ram??
I am attaching the XFree86Config.0.log in the attachment

Kindly provide me with the solution

thanks & regards,

Rajeev>