Re: need help

Thanks for the quick response.

I'm really confused,
I understand from your reply that the XFree86 has its own driver for each graphic cards.
Do I have to configure the kernel in a specific way in order for the XFree86 to work fine,
Do I need to configure VGA support, FB support or Support for the specific graphic card??

Does a specific XFree version match to a specific Kernel?
I'm running Kernel 2.4.23 and I have XFree86 4.3.0. (from the standard YDL 3.0.1)

How should I configure the XFree86:
when I'm typing XFree86 -configure with the invidia my cpu get stuck??
If I run it with Cirrus Logic it pass, and I see that it create a new XFree86.new file under root,
but it doesn't update the /etc/X11/XFree86 ??
it also say to try new config run `XFree86 -XF86config XF86config.new' but when I try it
even with the Cirrus Logic Graphic card it get stuck??

Can it be related to the fact that my PPC CPU run in BE.

Regards Ronen

Mark Vojkovich wrote:
   Start by using the "nv" driver that comes with XFree86 rather
than NVIDIA's binary driver.  We can't provide support for third
party drivers.   Using the native XFree86 drivers, post your
/var/log/XFree86.0.log from the failing configuration to this list.

			Mark.