Re: Dual Screen not working, help?

Hi Orlando,

> Try to set the "virdual screen" in duble size orizontal. In others words, if
> your screen mode is set to 800x600, set the virtual to 1600x600. That has
> worked for me, using 2 nvidia. Later I have buyed a dual card. :) same
> problem, but, changing the virtual has solved the problem. :)

Thanks for the suggestion but it does not seem to help.  When I start with this:

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Xine"
        Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
        Screen      1  "Screen1" RightOf "Screen0"
        Option         "Xinerama" "on"
EndSection

Then the second monitor does not even seem to pick up any signal,
while it does perfectly with this:

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier     "Second"
        Screen      0  "Screen1" 0 0
EndSection

Any further clues?? :-(

On a side note, I found the source of the inconsistent behavior
mentioned in my original post.  Apparently the way it goes wrong
depends on acpi paramenters on the kernel.  I have tweaked with
various combinations of pci=noacpi, acpi=off/on but did not get much
further.

Have you guys have a general suggestion for what the acpi settings on
the kernel should be for best results?

thanks,

tamas