Setting high refresh rates

I'm trying to set a higher refresh rate than what XFree86 defaults to, and
I'm having no luck. I need a refresh rate of at least 120 Hz, and I know
that my monitor and video card can do it. Everything I've read says that
XFree86 should pick the highest available refresh rate, but that's not the
case. I've also read the Timings how-to, and that hasn't been too helpful.

The system is being used to do hardware 3D stereo, so I need the highest
refresh rate I can get to avoid flicker with shutter glasses.

I haven't been able to find the max bandwidth or HFL/VFL info for my
monitor, but here's the rest of my config information. If necessary, I can
provide my XF86Config and XFree86.0.log files.

SGI GDM-5411 Monitor
NVidia QuadroFX 3000 Video card (256 MB RAM, max dot clock 400 MHz)

$ cat /etc/redhat-release
Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow)

$ rpm -q XFree86
XFree86-4.3.0-55

$ /usr/X11R6/bin/X -version

XFree86 Version 4.3.0 (Fedora Core 1: 4.3.0-55)
Release Date: 15 August 2003
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 6.6
Build Operating System: Linux 2.4.21-9.ELsmp i686 [ELF]
Build Date: 12 February 2004
Build Host: bugs.devel.redhat.com

        Before reporting any problems, please make sure you are using the
most
        recent XFree86 packages available from Red Hat by checking for
updates
        at http://rhn.redhat.com/errata or by using the Red Hat Network
up2date
        tool.  If you still encounter problems, please file bug reports in
the
        XFree86.org bugzilla at http://bugs.xfree86.org and/or Red Hat
        bugzilla at http://bugzilla.redhat.com

Module Loader present
OS Kernel: Linux version 2.4.22-1.2197.nptlsmp
(bhcompile@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) (gcc version 3.2.3 20030422 (Red Hat
Linux 3.2.3-6)) #1 SMP Thu Jul 1 15:05:23 EDT 2004 P

Prentice

 The contents of this communication are intended only for the addressee and
may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not the
intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this
communication and notify the sender.  Opinions, conclusions and other
information in this communication that do not relate to the official
business of my company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by
it.