Re: Mouse Not Detected

Hi Jon,

I don't know the possible conflicts with the PS2 hardware, but
you can use gpm with your serial mouse., using something like that

gpm -m /dev/mouse -t bare -2 -R # note the -R option (repeater mode)
and put option "Device" "/dev/gpmdata"
option "Protocol" "MouseSystems"
in your X11 config file.

Be careful to the type of mouse (cf. http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl7_gpm-types.htm)
and the device node (/dev/mouse should be a link to /dev/ttyS0 or /dev/ttyS1 depending on where you have your mouse plugged).
The -2 option can be replaced whith -3 if you have a three buttons serial mouse.

--
Bruno

Jon Mirhadi a écrit :

Hey,

I am still having problems setting up my mouse in X. I have tried it on various settings using different protocols etc but still when it seems to be "active" my keyboard (also in a PS2 connector) dies. I don't have gpm so i know there can't be a conflict there. Even when i am in shell and try cat /dev/psaux the mouse and the keyboard both do not function.

Any help would be appreciated.
I show you what my settings were but like i said i have tried various ones with no luck.
I have also searched and search for information...but maybe i'm looking in the wrong place.
Cheers
Jon