Re: Dual Head PLUS Dual inputdev ?

There are several possible ways for this.

Usually, this kind of solutions start multiple X servers for Multiple
users (one X server per each user).  You also need to patch your kernel
to use multiple independent keyboards. (Normal linux kernel doesn't
support multiple keyboards)

You can find this at the following website:
http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-HOWTO/XFree-Local-multi-user-HOWTO.html

To support multiple users with one X server, there are lots of thing to
do in the X server, yet no need to patch kernel and some more
advantages.
I have been working on it for a long time. But, I can't give you
detailed information for this because my company pay me for this
project.. :-\   We are planning to provide evaluation version for this
in the near future.  You can find more info at http://www.userful.com/.

Good luck.
Jason.

On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 14:39, niki wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to ask if someone can help or point me to the correct subject
> in the docu, how to assign one inputdev like one usb keyboard to one
> screen and another usbkeyboard to another screen.
>
> We have already tried starting two X servers on two different grafic
> cards. It does not work, because only one screen was active at one time.
>
> Also tried dual head cards (Matrox G550, GF5200, ATI 9600) with different
> results in their dual head potentials - but with the same regarding the
> inputdevices - they cannot be assigns only to one of the resulting
> screens.
>
> I would prefer to asign the inpudev in the Screen section of the
> XF86config file rather than in the ServerLayout section. That means that I
> dont have to start 2 Xservers.
>
> What I try to do is to attach 2 Keyboards, 2 Mice, and 2 Screens to one
> machine, and let 2 people work with it.
>
> Is this possible ? Please tell me how!
>
> best regards, niki

Jason Kim, Software Developer