RE: problem

It's about 5'7" with black hair and a little on the heavy side. (It
doesn't run as well as it used too.) It's eyes are hazel colored and it
doesn't look like it gets outside much. It's hair is thinning on top and
growing everywhere else. I'm pretty sure English isn't its first
language but it's hard to tell anymore.

As far as how to use the vesa driver, your old device section is below.

Section "Device"
	Identifier  "Videocard0"
	Driver      "vga"
	VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
	BoardName   "Rendition Verite 2x00"
EndSection

Just try replacing the "vga" with "vesa" and see if that works any
better for you.

If that doesn't work or you aren't comfortable editing the config file
so directly. Try using the xf86cfg cmd and choose the "generic svga
driver" (I'm not sure if that is the correct wording or not.) If neither
of those things work you can still get the vga driver to work but you
will need to fiddle around with the settings. (hsync, vsync, and clock)
You will probably need to generate custom modelines, using the gtf
utility that ships with XFree86. ("man gtf" for usage)

HTH,
	Cyn