Re: Fwd: fullscreen modelines

>  I have a problem with tv dvd and video fullscreen with a flat panel LCD 19
> SONY in DVI-D".
>  I use by default a resolution 1280x1024 but when I watch TV , DVD and VIDEO
>  I would need 1280x960 otherwise I see 1 horizontal black centimeter on top
>  and bottom of the screen.

I don't know which tv/video player is being used here, but in general they
do not switch X resolutions unless called in a DGA fullscreen mode. Otherwise
the screen is just stretched to the screen's resolution (usually keeping the
x/y relation to prevent a 'stretched' look), which will most likely result
in the horizontal 'centimeters' mentioned in the email.

In other words: check the options for the tv/video player to see if it can
use DGA fullscreen mode or tell it to not bother with the x/y relation, and
just stretch the image to its fullest potential.

Regards,

Pieter Hulshoff