From: xfree86-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:xfree86-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Beau
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 12:57 AM
To: xfree86@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE:  help with debian on compaq

On Tue, 18 May 2004, Cynthia Grossen wrote:
> You'll want to read this first
> ftp://ftp.xfree86.org/pub/XFree86/4.4.0/binaries/Common/Install
Actually, I had tried that route once, before posting to the list.  My
attempts to make X work from binary failed, as did my efforts at
building from source.  I'm kindof green.

Here's a possibly relevant question: Howcome knoppix does X so sweetly
on my machine.  The corolary question is, might there be some way to use
this fact to help me get going?

--
beau
(c)2004ISR; http://www.semanticrestructuring.com