From: Jens Wolfgarten [mailto:listen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, 17 May 2004 14:51
To: XFree86@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Problem with XDMCP-Access from a different subnet

Hi list!

I've got a problem concerning XDMCP-remote access on a linux box.

There a client accessing this server via XDMCP. When I start the request
from the same subnet (192.168.2.0/255.255.255.0), everything works fine. I
get the login window and can start to work.

But when I start the request from another subnet (192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0)
nothing happens and the request seems to be timing out. I got the following
error: "XDMCP fatal error: Session failed Session ... failed for display
pcname:1: cannot open display". Are there additional access controls for
subnets?

Both computers can reach each others without problems.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks

J. Wolfgarten