Re: i810/i830 problems

On Tuesday 18 May 2004 10:20, Marcelo Coelho wrote:
> >You may have the same problem with your Asus, I don't know if they
> >use the old buggy BIOS or the 'new' release from Intel.
>
> How can i veify that? What can do if it is the buggy one? Change the
> god damm BIOS myself? I'm just curious why in Linux is necessary that
> the Bios have the resolutions of the graphics card. Another thing is
> that why the driver that Intel distributes doesn't recognise the
> chipset when i load it.

I don't know ho to verify that. The Dell website offers forums to
discuss about these problems. You can take a look here :

http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board?board.id=sw_linux

You can check the release of your BIOS and check if ASUS provides a
newer one. You may download the fixed BIOS from Intel, but I'm not sure
this is a good idea.  I don't know why the Linux driver need to have the
modes listed into the BIOS.

Maybe someone else on this ML knows ? I think it has been discussed many
times before, so you can take a look to the archives.

--
Erwann Thoraval