XFree86 under Linux Mandrake - recovering from Fatal server error

Hello,

I have a machine with Linux, which was working properly (for years), but after a power cut while loading the X-server,
the XFree server got broken. There seems to be some font files that got corrupted (while rebooting everything else
reports OK). My problem is:

How to cirurgically recover the XFree installation, so startx will again bring the magic of X-windows. I include the log
and config files. Please note that I have not done the Linux installation and got some CDs, which I am unsure if they
correspond to what is installed.

XFee86 -version, reports:

XFree v4.03 / X Windows System
Release Date: 16 March 2001
OS: Linux 2.4.1-20mdksmp i686 [ELF]

I am not familiar with the Mandrake distribution. Apparently from what I see in the backup(?) CDs it is version 8.0.
Ideally if I could grab the offending files from an XFree v4.03 distribution and replace them manually would be ideal.
Any pointers on where to get what and  how to do it?. At a later stage I will upgrade to Mandrake 10.0 and that will
upgrade the XFree version a the same time. But for the moment I would like to bring back the X-windows and get
some work done.

Please reply by e-mail as I don't subscribe to the list.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Luis Torres

PS - I read now the config file about fonts and this seems to go back to Mandrake-Linux. So I am a bit lost. Maybe
I should post it in their mailing list.