RE: No Keyboard

After upgrading to 4.4 I have encountered a similar problem, with mandrake 9.1

This worked around it: Instead of booting into runlevel 5 (GUI) I boot into
runlevel 3 and then startx from there. The keyboard then works! Moreover i
can see no diference in the log files.

If you want to try this:

edit the file /etc/inittab

Change the default runlevel to 3 and reboot. When the system comes up again
log in and then type startx. This will start the GUI.

If you cannot get to the file because the keyboard doesn't work:

Boot from Mandrake CD 1. Choose recovery mode. Log in and edit the file.
Reboot.

If this works then the problem may be something to do with Mandrake.