i810 DRI bug

I am running Redhat 9, XFree 4.4.0, on Sony Vaio FX290 laptop with an Intel
i810 chipset.  The problem is that, after getting acceleration working, the
mouse cursor either does not refresh or it leaves artifacts during mouse motion.
Display artifacts are a black hole where the cursor used to be and bits and
pieces from other parts of the display.  It seems that I have hardware
acceleration for everything except for the cursor image.  Does anyone else
experience this?  I have scoured the net but to no avail.

Steve Ogden

--
ACRONYM: Abbreviated Coded Rendition Of Name Yielding Meaning