Setting the default Xserver pointer acceleration

Hello:

        I need to turn off the mouse acceleration on all servers connected to our KVM systems.  For Linux I need to ensure that all Xservers that start with pointer acceleration set to 0.  This is because the window managers I've tested (GNOME in particular) will override any xset commands that I include in the .xinitrc and go back to the Xserver default pointer acceleration.

        I've looked into the source files and using the "-a 0" option with X was the only way I could find to set the default pointer acceleration to 0.  I've scoured the web for information on how to include this parameter in a config file (XF86Config for instance), but have had no luck.  If there isn't a way to do this for all X sessions I'll modify the startx to include the "-a 0" parameter.  I'd also fix xdm to spawn with this parameter once I figure out how.

        But, I'd much prefer a configuration setting so that X would always start with pointer acceleration disabled.  Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks,

Sean Dickman