Voodoo3 works unstable! Please help!!!!

Hello everyone!

I've Voodoo3 card on a ASUS A7V266-C motherboard with AthlonXP processor, and
I have headache! Xfree is configured properly. DRI is enabled, and everything
seems to be just ok. BUT, it is working extremely unstable. I've tried Xfree
4.2.0 (RH 8), 4.2.1 (MDK 9), 4.3.0 (Slackware 9, Gentoo 1.4), 4.3.99.902,
4.4.0 and none of these have worked stable. Thing is that hardware is ok.
Everything is working just fine in w2k. For all these versions of Xfree
(except 4.4.0) symptoms are: from time to time line appears on the screen
(but it is pretty rough because there is no anti alias on it); when I play
tuxracer, after a few rides X freezes; when I'm using Konsole whole screen is
friezed for a few moments and then all letters from Konsole are out of the
window, and when you move sidebar they are not moved, they are copied one on
another and X is  practically unusable. Similar thing happens in Opera. With
version 4.4.0 I don't have line syndrome and the txracer haven't friezed X
till now, but Konsole syndrome is killing me. Does anyone have any clue what
is the issue here. I've searched the interned but it seems that nobody have
similar problems to mine, so any help or hint is welcome!

Thanks in advance!