Re: X not working after kernel upgrade

Quoting Bob Marcan <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> faz67@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > Quoting Mark Vojkovich <mvojkovi@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> >

> >>On Fri, 26 Mar 2004, faz67@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
xxxxxxxxxsnipped here > >>

> > XXXXXXXXXXX snipped here to save bandwidth XXXXXXXXXXX
> >
> > Can anyone tell me where I might find these files?
> > /dev/psaux
> > /dev/mouse
> > I am new to this and I did not compile the new kernel I used RPM
> > but I did not have any unresolved dependency issues in fact no
> > errors at all until Xfree would not work.
> >
> > (II)Load Module "Mouse"
> > (II)Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/input/mouse_drv.o
> >
> > Are these the actual drivers or just pointers?
> > The /proc_modules file from a 2.6 session;
> > is there a Mouse module?
> >

> Same problem.
> I'm using  kernel 2.6.3 from Rawhide SRPM on RH9.
> It is distributed with CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_PSAUX disabled.
> Enable it and rebuild.
>
> Regards, Bob

Thanks  Bob
But I have no idea how to "rebuild" as I used RPM to install
the kernel. I will look for CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_PSAUX
to see if I can enable it with a config file, so far I have
not had much luck; there are sooo many configuration files
in soo many locations.
Thanks for the pointer.
Gary Fazenbaker