Re: Asus Pundit and xv - what's your experience

Robert Rozman wrote:
Hi,

I'm recently posting about my problems with Asus Pundit slow xv performance
(Suse 9.0, P4 2.4G , xfree 4.4, sis 651 chipset - I get with xvtest around
200 FPS).

Obviously I have no obvious options to tackle this problem (Thomas ran out
of ideas), so would like to ask about your experiences, troubles, advices
with this machine/chipset and xv ? I had working configuration, but then did
security upgrades and it didn't work anymore (also after downgrade to
previous system). There are some suspects to o_sync wulnerability of Suse
systems, but how can I check that (cat proc/mtrr - anything else) ?

In my case everything seems fine from logs, just xv performance is bad
(x11perf gets better results 400/sec)...

Strictly speaking, it is not "xv performance" but "memcpy()" performance.

I have a pundit myself and I don't experience that problem (using Debian's 4.3 packages)

Thomas

--
Thomas Winischhofer
Vienna/Austria