Xdm hates my UID

Hello.

I am having some very weird problems with xdm.  I have have setup a thinclient
environment using pxes boot.  But, in addition to the thin clients, there are
some "thick" clients on the network that pull X sessions via xdmcp.

Normally, everything works fine.  But, every once in a while -- without
warning -- when a specific user logs in it crashes his connection and xdm
restarts.  It will not let him in.   Right now that user is me (which is
good, because I now have the time to try to get to the bottom of this).

So, whenever I try to login, I put in my username and password into xdm.  I
hit enter, and my screen crashes, and xdm is respawned.  It will not let me
in.  Now, before you start talking about "xhost this" and "xauth that" keep
in mind OTHER USERS CAN LOG IN TO AND FROM THE VERY SAME MACHINES.  The
ipaddress of the client appears to be completely irrelevant here.

It is the UID that xdm rejects, not the ipaddress.  I just cannot figure out
*why* it suddenly decides to start hating certain uids.  I have cleared out
everything in my home directory and everything in /tmp that I own.  No matter
what I do, it will not let me log in.  On the console I get these messages:

AUDIT: Wed Mar 24 09:46:04 2004: 2198 X: client 2 rejected from IP
208.226.104.24 port 59785
AUDIT: Wed Mar 24 09:46:04 2004: 2198 X: client 2 rejected from IP
208.226.104.24 port 59786
AUDIT: Wed Mar 24 09:46:04 2004: 2198 X: client 2 rejected from IP
208.226.104.24 port 59787
AUDIT: Wed Mar 24 09:46:04 2004: 2198 X: client 2 rejected from IP
208.226.104.24 port 59788
AUDIT: Wed Mar 24 09:46:04 2004: 2198 X: client 2 rejected from IP
208.226.104.24 port 59789
and so on..
.
.
.

This has been happening for about a year now, and I have found no cure.  The
only thing I can do (and this is a major work-around) is change the UID of
the user, then blacklist that UID.

It seems to me that if I can find where this sort of information is stored for
X, I could clear it out... but I cannot find it anywhere...  I thought for
sure that it would be in /tmp or in my home directory, but it is not.

Could someone please help?

Thank you.

Chris