Xconfigurator help

Being realtively new to Linux I recently messed up the nice configration job that the Tech guys at RackSaver put together for me in such a short notice. Seriously.

I recently tried to change my monitor settigns using x86config and now after logging off and out of my session I get a fatal X server error. After working with what I think is every possible combination of monitor and card settings I still get this. So now I am seeking help.

My config is as follows:

Red Hat 7.3 on a Rack Saver RS1100 with the ATI Rage XL onboard video with an OLD Supermatch 17 monitor.

My error is as follows:

(II) Setting vga for screen 0.
(==) ATI(0): Chipset: "ati".
(EE) ATI(0): No Display subsection in Screen section "Screen0" for depth/fbbpp 8/8
(II) UnloadModule: "ati"
(II) UnloadModule: "atimisc"
(II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/atimisc_drv.o
(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.

Fatal server error:
no screens found

Has anyone or does anyone know of a correct Xconfigurator setting that can help me solve this problem?

Thanks a deal in advance.
cheers
--ap