Re: SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 Value Detected as VGA Device:

(my apologies if this is a double-post)

I added the line that you suggested to my XF86Config-4 file, and it looked like it would work... The machine booted nicely, got to starting the x-server, and then it showed the following screen:

RV100 PCI DDR VGA BIOS B781.001

After that, the screen went black (but not into power-saver mode or off), and there was no more hard disk activity.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Like I mentioned earlier, if I have to remove the SB Live! card, I will. If no workaround is found for this issue, could someone put this in a "unsolved mysteries" section for review when XFree86 4.5 begins development? I'm not the only person having this problem - do a Google Linux search (www.google.com/linux) for "VGA Compatible Unclassified Device" and there are quite a few pages listed.

Thanks!

~~ Andrew D.

Ok, this is a tricky one... You might want to try adding
BusID "0:13:0"
to your Device section. If that doesn't do the trick, then I'm fresh out of ideas as well. The device is recognised as a Radeon 7000/VE RV100V QY, which according to your logfile appears to be supported by the radeon driver.

Regards,

Pieter Hulshoff