Re: Fatal server error: no screen found

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004, Pieter Hulshoff wrote:

> On Sunday 21 March 2004 14:44, Johannes Hauber wrote:
> > What should I do?
>
> Considering the stack of primary devices X seems to find, I think you may want
> to consider setting the BusID to one of them to force X to choose. Currently
> it doesn't seem to be able to do that. Try adding
>   BusID        "0:8:0"
> to your Device section, or if that doesn't work, try some of the other IDs
> mentioned for your primary devices.
>
> Regards,

The syntax would be:

   BusID "PCI:0:8:0"

That's worth a try.  This is either a mothboard BIOS bug or bus
probing bug in XFree86.  If /proc/pci reports these redundant
S3 devices as well, I would say it's a BIOS bug and you should
look into an upgrade.  If /proc/pci doesn't show the multiple
S3 devices, then perhaps this is a bug that was fixed in XFree86
4.4.

			Mark.