Re: XFree86-4.40, ssh, and mathematica

   Xlib itself just passes the XQueryPointer request along to the
server.  The server rejected the window ID.  Usually (always in
the cases I've seen) this is because the window doesn't exist.
But I suppose it could do it if it thought the client didn't
have security clearance to read the contents of that window.
That sort of functionality is built into the window ID -> Window
structure lookup routine.  Assuming it's not a Mathematica bug
(assumed because you didn't see this with 4.3), I would guess
it's an authentication problem of some sort.  Unfortunately,
I myself know very little about this.   Does starting the
server with the -ac flag ("startx -- -ac") help the situation?

			Mark.