Re: xf4.4.0 X server autoconfig failure on netbsd-current

David Dawes wrote:
On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 12:58:23PM -0800, wsr+xfree@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

The X server fails to start up when run in automatic config mode
under netbsd-current/i386 with a ps/2 kbd and usb mouse.

XFree86's NetBSD mouse code hasn't been updated to handle automatic mouse
device and protocol selection, which is required for automatic configuration
to work.  At a minimum, the DefaultProtocol() and FindDevice() functions need
to be implemented for NetBSD in os-support/bsd/bsd_mouse.c.  The SetupAuto()
function may be needed too.

I've implemented them for OpenBSD, which shares the same wscons driver features than NetBSD. I just didn't have time to check that it also works on NetBSD to enable the code for NetBSD before the 4.4 release.

Adding a few || defined(__NetBSD__) should be enough to get it working.
--
Matthieu Herrb