xfree4.4 and igp: old stuff!

Hi everyone,
I am new in this mailinglist and I join it for having some elucidation about ati radeon igp 320M.
I was surfing for months in internet trying to understand if with the new X4.4 it could be possible to use 3D acceleration. From the status driver page it seems not, but then I found in  http://dri.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/ATIRadeon#head-6a4e73023cc0fb0cfbf5bd0f19a45d660193263f that there is support for 3D using opengl and mesa.
What I couldn't understand is the procedure that I have to follow for getting my card working in 3D.
What I have done is:
1. source xfree4.4 ---> compiled (with no patch) all 7 files!
2. kernel 2.6.0 patched for igp dri/drm
but xglinfo says that I am not using drm (infact xglgears gives 60fps...)
So what is the exact procedure that I need to follow? Do I need to patch xfree as well? I tried with Radeon IGP DRI patch for XFree CVS 4.3.99.9 and compile again Xfree but it fails.
thanks for any help

regards

andrea

NUOVA WEBMAIL DI INTERFREE!

Da oggi Interfree offre a tutti i suoi utenti un nuovissimo servizio
di WebMail tra i più evoluti e una qualità professionale che si rinnova
di continuo:

-	Controllo antivirus
-	Filtro antispamming
-	Configurazione di account esterni
-	Accesso gratuito a InterDrive dove salvare e organizzare i tuoi
	file da qualsiasi computer e in qualsiasi momento ...

Iscriviti gratuitamente all'indirizzo http://www.interfree.it e prova il
nuovo servizio!

Lo Staff di Interfree