Configuring the X server

I am trying to make an image from a pc with a linux (redhat 9.0) distribution witch olso have to work on pc’s with other video cards and monitors. In some cases the pc starts good and will show de GUI, so you can configure the X server in the GUI, but if that wont work I fall back on the command line, were I wanted to use Xconfigurator, but that isn’t included in my XFree packet, I found an text file where all the settings are, but that is a little to complicated for me, do you have a file or script witch makes me to configure the X server just as you can with Xconfigurator, or is that already installed?

Greetings

Ivo Schoenmaker