Re: Support for Matrox P650 / P750

On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 11:41:06AM -0800, Lionel Lecoq wrote:
> Hi,
> I just had a look at the release notes for 4.4 I still find no indication of support for those
> cards...
> I like Matrox because I mainly do pictures processing.
> I feel that the quality of the display is better with Matrox (I have a 550) than with other cards
> (which compensate by being better for games than the Matrox)...
> Any idea when drivers for these two will become available?

As soon as Matrox agrees to release the necessary programming
documentation to interested developers.  IOW, when hell freezes over, at
the current rate.

You can get binary-only drivers which are unsupported by XFree86 from
Matrox AFAIK.  They are only marginally supported by Matrox at any rate.

Buy from a vendor that offers the level of support you want, and be sure
to let his competitors know why they fell under your radar.

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>