Re: Nec Versa FP440 - Nividia GForce2MX

John,
I have exactly the same laptop and I got it working... so see the attached
file for the configuration. Once you have the external monitor or beamer on,
you will have to press Fn+F4 and some key, then the screen will appear.
Btw, I have the 4496 version of the driver installed. The higher versions give
problems for me.

Currently I am not on my laptop, but I also have a configuration file for the
S-Video port. This works very good too. If you want that, just let me know.

Do you have other equipment working on the laptop? Like the modem and the
infra-red devices? I had no time to look into them, but would like some help
with configuring them.

- Jeroen

On Thursday 26 February 2004 17:32, John Paul wrote:
> Hi,
> I don't if I'm at the right support address but I would configure a
> laptop with nvidia GForce2MX card under Linux RedHat 9.
>
> I've download the last pkg.run from the nvidia server and installed it
> without any matter. I set in the XF86Config file "Driver" "nvidia"
> rather than "Driver" "nv".
> The laptop display works fine but I'm not able to use the external
> connector with a video projector. I got a random text screen in majority
> blue on the external screen when I used the "nv" driver. If I use the
> "nvidia" driver, the LCD works but the CRT seems to be in error and
> remains blacK.
> So, I've tried to set the TwinView Option without any success.
>
> Is it a matter with the material itself. We have some identical laptop
> with exactly the same problem.
>
> For now, I resolved temporarily the presentation matter by the use of
> the vesa driver. So, I lose all the advantages of fast video card.
>
> I 've joined to this mail the XF86Config + the XFree86.0.log
>
> John
# XFree86 4 configuration created by redhat-config-xfree86

Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier     "Default Layout"
	Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
	InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"

# RgbPath is the location of the RGB database.  Note, this is the name of the
# file minus the extension (like ".txt" or ".db").  There is normally
# no need to change the default.
# Multiple FontPath entries are allowed (they are concatenated together)
# By default, Red Hat 6.0 and later now use a font server independent of
# the X server to render fonts.
	RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
	FontPath     "unix/:7100"
EndSection

Section "Module"
	Load  "dbe"
	Load  "extmod"
	Load  "fbdevhw"
	Load  "glx"
	Load  "record"
	Load  "freetype"
	Load  "type1"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# Specify which keyboard LEDs can be user-controlled (eg, with xset(1))
#	Option	"Xleds"		"1 2 3"
# To disable the XKEYBOARD extension, uncomment XkbDisable.
#	Option	"XkbDisable"
# To customise the XKB settings to suit your keyboard, modify the
# lines below (which are the defaults).  For example, for a non-U.S.
# keyboard, you will probably want to use:
#	Option	"XkbModel"	"pc102"
# If you have a US Microsoft Natural keyboard, you can use:
#	Option	"XkbModel"	"microsoft"
#
# Then to change the language, change the Layout setting.
# For example, a german layout can be obtained with:
#	Option	"XkbLayout"	"de"
# or:
#	Option	"XkbLayout"	"de"
#	Option	"XkbVariant"	"nodeadkeys"
#
# If you'd like to switch the positions of your capslock and
# control keys, use:
#	Option	"XkbOptions"	"ctrl:swapcaps"
# Or if you just want both to be control, use:
#	Option	"XkbOptions"	"ctrl:nocaps"
#
	Identifier  "Keyboard0"
	Driver      "keyboard"
	Option	    "XkbRules" "xfree86"
	Option	    "XkbModel" "pc105"
	Option	    "XkbLayout" "gb"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "Protocol" "PS/2"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
	Option	    "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
	Option	    "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# If the normal CorePointer mouse is not a USB mouse then
# this input device can be used in AlwaysCore mode to let you
# also use USB mice at the same time.
	Identifier  "DevInputMice"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
	Option	    "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
	Option	    "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier   "Monitor0"
	VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
	ModelName    "LS902U"
	HorizSync    30.0 - 96.0
	VertRefresh  50.0 - 160.0
	Option	    "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier   "Monitor1"
	VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
	ModelName    "Flatpanel"
	HorizSync    0.0 - 100.0
	VertRefresh  0.0 - 100.0
	Option	    "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier  "Videocard0"
	Driver      "nvidia"
	VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
	BoardName   "nVidia GeForce 2 Go"
	Option      "NvAgp" "3"
	Option      "NoLogo" "true"
	Option      "TwinView" "true"
	#Option      "IgnoreEDID" "true"
	Option      "SecondMonitorHorizSync" "0-100"
	Option      "SecondMonitorVertRefresh" "0-100"
	Option      "MetaModes" "1024x768,1024x768"
	Option      "TwinViewOrientation" "clone"
	Option      "ConnectedMonitor" "TV-0, DFP-0"
	#Option      "IgnoreDisplayDevices" "TV-0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier "Screen0"
	Device     "Videocard0"