Re: X fails with strange errors.

Kamagurka wrote:
> it did not work before i enabled the glx extensions...
> however, if i see the splash screen (crisp and clear, mind you) doesn't
> that mean that the problem is not graphics related?

I believe the splash screen is fixed size, so it ignores your configuration
file. I am not sure.

After reading Mark's response I realised that I had misread the errors, the C
library warnings have nothing to do with your XFree86 or the GLX extension, and
the pty (pseudo-terminal devices) errors are the serious problem.

If you have a ~/.initrc file you may wish to delete it or rename it to xinitrc.

Did you disable pty support in your linux kernel?