Re: Xinerama support

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 17:56:17 -0800 (PST)
Mark Vojkovich <mvojkovi@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>    You are asking to have separate root window backgrounds in
> Xinerama mode?  The Xinerama implementation doesn't allow that.
> Basically, it advertises one root window, so when a client renders
> to "the root window" it has to get duplicated on all the individual
> screens.  I suppose you could fake different images by piecing
> together smaller images along screen boundaries to make a single large
> "quilt" to set as the background of the single large root window.

That's what I did lately but I had the choice between writing a script
that would change the background automatically (less annoying) or
disable xinerama. I disabled it :)

That's strange because Nvidia tool can actually do it. You have a big
desktop but you can set per screen wallpaper.

Regards

-Pierrick Brossin
http://www.swissgeeks.com

The weird thing about compiling world on -CURRENT is
that sources are obsolete before it ends (Copyright me)