Re: VIA KM266

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 09:58, Benjamin Lerman wrote:
>  Hi,
>
>  I'm thinking about buying a SK41G Shuttle which come with a VIA KM266
> chipset and a VIA Savage8 Integrated video card, and I've been unable to
> find if this card is supported by XFree86. Does anyone have one of this
> and were you able to use it ?

I've got that same box, running Debian "sid", and can't get the
savage driver to work with 4.3.0.  The vesa driver works well,
though.

Don't expect stellar performance.  With the proper flags, movies
run fine under mplayer.  Since I don't play action games, I can't
say how 2D games would be, and I won't even pretend to play 3D
games.

A quiet system gives me 280FPS in glxgears, and moving the mouse
around alot drops it 25FPS.

HTH

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@xxxxxxx
Jefferson, LA USA

"Oh, great altar of passive entertainment, bestow upon me thy
discordant images at such speed as to render linear thought
impossible"
Calvin, regarding TV