Re: VIA KM266

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 10:14, Juan Dungog wrote:
> My mobo is an ECS L7VMM2 for AMD athlon XP 2000Ghz and
> it too has VIA KM266 and VIA savage-3 built in running
> at 8mb allocation. Mandrake 9 supports it. I have
> tried RedHat 9, sad to say, it failed in RH7 and also
> in RH 9. But in Mandrake 9 it does. Go for Mandrake
> 9.2

So, is it using the savage driver?  What does your XF86Config-4
look like?

> their better cause they have yet to be infected with
> the BGates syndrome. PROFIT PROFIT PROFIT PROFIT

Yeah, because they're bankrupt.  Believe me, they *want* to
make as much money as billg.

If you want to be Doctrinally Pure, use Debian.

> --- Benjamin Lerman <Benjamin.Lerman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >  Hi,
> >
> >  I'm thinking about buying a SK41G Shuttle which
> > come with a VIA KM266
> > chipset and a VIA Savage8 Integrated video card, and
> > I've been unable to
> > find if this card is supported by XFree86. Does
> > anyone have one of this
> > and were you able to use it?

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@xxxxxxx
Jefferson, LA USA

An ad run by the NEA (the US's biggest public school TEACHERS
UNION) in the Spring and Summer of 2003 asks a teenager if he can
find sodium and *chloride* in the periodic table of the elements.
And they wonder why people think public schools suck...