[Fwd: Persistent Displays are posible using X?]

Hello,

I've found a way to achieve persistent display functionality.

if someone is googling in the future for this problem i'm posting an
answer here myself:

I've used Xvnc X server which acts as an X server to applications and as
an vnc server to an vnc client, so Xvnc is started in the server, not in
the client as you could think for an X server. This Xvnc gives a virtual
framebuffer persistent across connections via vncviewer which is started
against the local Xserver of the client and renders the remote Xvnc.

thanks.

	RaÃl.
--- Begin Message ---
Hi everybody,

Does an X-extension, application or proxy exists to achieve a
functionality similar to what screen does for terminals?

What I am looking for is display persistency, so you can detach from
your current desktop and reconnect later and get the same desktop you
had.

I've been looking for a while and I've been unable to find any useful
information.

Thanks in advance.

	RaÃl.

PD. Please CC raul.saura@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx on the answer (if any) because