Re: keyboard hang

Le 23.02.2004 18:19:28, Glenn Ramsey a écrit :
Hi,

I have a Compaq laptop with a radeon IGP320M. It has Mandrake 9.2
installed. I just installed the dri xserver (4.3.99.12) and last night's
radeon driver build (20020224) from dri.soureforge.net and it works
great for the app that I need it work for. However there are a couple of
things that do not work.

The keyboard hangs when X starts for the first time after a reboot or
after restarting from single user mode, the mouse works OK. If I ssh in
and stop X and start it again then the keyboard works again.

With the X from Mandrake 9.2 (4.3.0) it did not have this problem. Is
this an issue with X 4.2.99.12 or the updated radeon driver or dri?

Another thing is that I can't get the external monitor as CRT2 to work
at a different freq to the laptop's LCD panel. If I don't set the radeon
driver's CRT2* options then the external monitor works at 60Hz which is
the same as the LCD. If I set these options to anything then the CRT2
monitor does not work at all.

Any pointers about how to go about fixing these would be appreciated.

Exact same problem here also with a Compaq Laptop (though older : 711EA) which comes with a savage TwisterK. The CVS (post RC2 I think) hangs but 4.3.0 works OK, and nothing special in the 4.4.0-CVS log file that could give a hint on the problem.
Glad to see I am not alone with this problem ;-)
Bye
Manu