Xfree86 lndir installation

Title: Message
Hello,
Decided I would learn more from Linux if I just installed my Red Hat Fedora minimal and installed the programs I want myself. So, I'm trying to install XFree86 and it requires me to create shadow directories using the "lndir" command only it isn't installed on my computer. The XFree86 download has a setup that I can use to install it that I tried but got errors (quite frankly, I haven't installed anything yet that didn't have errors and that is getting real annoying). What they had me do is go to this directory: xc/config/utils then type in make -f Makefile.ini lndir which apparently is supposed to make the lndir program from the source code lndir.c that is in the directory. The error code I get is:

ln -s ../../include X11
ln: 'X11/include':File exists
make: *** [lndir] Error 1

Anybody have an idea about this or run into the same problem?

Wendell Best