Xfree doesent start

Hi!
I downloaded Mandrake Linux 9.2 from www.linuxiso.org .When I try to install
it there are no problems but when I try to configure my videocard (It is an
Radeon 9600pro from powercolor) it says there would be a error but its not
getting descriebed. So I tried to ignore it , finished the installation and
rebooted the system.
Now, if I start it its loading correctly and i can decide wich mode I want
to run. The system gets started after I have decideed one mode but then there
shows up just a black screen with the line "localhost login" (there are some
lines above that but I dont really remember them).There i can type in my name
and password. So I tried (after login in)  "startx" but there are some
reports comming but I dont know what they mean!
If you can help me, please write to max.krug@xxxxxx .

P.s: Please excuse my bad  Orthography  Im going to 9th class and Im from
Germany...